Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Control your road to Success! A bit about my experience

I know that selling Avon is not for everyone. Before choosing to start your own Avon business you should take a look at How Avon Works and decide if it is a business option that will suit you. Many people have negative things to say, and may people have wonderful things to say. What it really comes down to is personal motivation, and a desire to work hard to reach your goals.

I have been an Avon Independent Sales Representative for 2 years now, and I love the experience. This year, I was fortunate enough to attend the President’s Recognition Gala for my achievement of Honor Society. In as little as 2 years, I was able to achieve reaching the top 10% of the company in sales. I work a full time job (an hour from my home,) I have a young daughter, 2 dogs, and this year I have been planning my own wedding. Even with all of those distractions, I reached my Avon goals. It can be done. When you become a part of Avon, there is a wealth of wonderful, helpful, inspiring people that are around you, and that truly want to help you and see you succeed. I know I have come across many stories of representatives that felt they were all alone and had no support. That should not be the case, and if you find yourself in that situation – you have to reach out! You will be surprised at what you find! Most of Avon’s Top Sellers are happy to speak with you, answer questions and give you encouragement. There are many groups on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and in the blog world that are built specifically for those in that situation and those that just want to learn more. If you are willing to reach out, you will find support! Without that additional motivation and inspiration, I would not have reached my goals. However, had I not reached out, I would not have received the amount of encouragement it would take me to become successful.

My first year with Avon, I really just sold as a hobby. I like the product and have friends and family that like the product, and I just felt that I could get my own stuff and be a go to person for my friends and family that did not have a representative. After selling for about a year, I had slowly grew my customer base, and I had not even meant to do so; it was all word of mouth, and customers coming to me. I was not far off from reaching some fun rewards in Avon incentives, and thought, if I’m that close to receiving a cool reward, why not put a little work into it, and get the reward? I began to blog, and carry books to hand out everywhere I went, and talk to people about the Avon products and the Avon opportunity. Within a few months, I was a Unit Leader and my sales had really grown; I was making a nice income on my little “hobby.” Earning recognition, earning rewards, and inspiring others to make those same goals became a part of who I am, and I wanted more, and I wanted to go bigger and better. By the end of the year, I had reached Honor Society.

I was impressed with all the incentive rewards Avon offered throughout the year, and then I went to the President’s Recognition Gala…wow! It is a powerful experience! To spend an afternoon with positive, successful women (and men) who are all happy for one another, and congratulating each other, and the recognition and the rewards for attaining a goal you work so hard to achieve, it just makes it all worth it! It makes you want to do more, and after attending, I can easily see why we have so many people that have been with the company for 50+ years. Avon rewards, and Avon creates a magical network of people that become family. They care how you are, and they are there for you in your business as well as in your personal life. It was an honor to take part in something so wonderful, and I cannot wait to do more!

Being successful with Avon is hard work. However, the return on the work you do will be far beyond your expectations. After an 8 hour day in the office at my full time job (and the hour drive home,) I come home and spend 2-3 hours working on my Avon business. I work on training, I network (I reach out to Top Sellers and I participate in the Avon groups I have joined,) I blog, I research, I post information, I take control of my road to success.


Start Avon
If you have decided you would like to become an Avon representative, you can begin selling Avon online within about 15 by 3 simple steps:
1.       Go to : www.startAvon.com
2.       Enter Avon reference code: RENEEMOREAU
3.       Fill out the online form, agree to the terms and conditions, and pay your $15 appointment fee.
You will then receive an account number so you can start training and selling Avon right away.
Still unsure? You can view more information on my posts FrequentlyAsked Avon Selling Questions and Is Selling Avon Worth It?


Renee Moreau, Ind Sls rep, UL, HS, National Recruiter 

No comments:

Post a Comment